Galaga Arcade Cabinet Bottom Panel Repair

This one is checked off and done, although the pictures don’t show it. This was quite a PITA, honestly.

The place I live had a condensate drain clog. The floor has a drain, but the concrete was graded in a manner that everything flows away from the drain. This led to it getting in carpet, then soaking up into my Galaga cabinet which is made of particle board.

I used Milwax wood hardner and soaked it into the wood really good to stiffen it. I removed the broken soaked bottom panel and replaced it with a cut piece of plywood. It took two tries to get the cuts right, as I measured it wrong on one of the attempts (oops.) Also, given that the wood was flared out a bunch it didn’t go so easily. I added some L brackets, and also lots of pieces of wood glued to the side and bottom. I ordered new leveler feet, although I’m still nervous about having the cabinet sit on the replacement board 24×7. I might just leave it and the new game that is joining it sitting on 2x4s in case the carpet gets soaked again.

Pictures are of the initial removal, I didn’t seem to have any of the replacement in the album and it’s back on it’s feet.

Galaga Cabinet Repair

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *